That you dodge swings The thrill of battle where to land Fit XR, virtual reality is a great way to sweat – you often forget that you even train. Today we’re rolling out the ability to track your Meta Quest VR fitness stats on your phone. Once you’ve set up the Move app — Meta Quest’s built-in fitness tracker that lets you set goals for the number of calories you’ve burned and the number of minutes you’ve spent working out in VR — you can choose to sync your Move stats with the Oculus mobile app and Apple Health. Previously, this information was only available in Move with the headset.
How to sync your movement stats to your phone
If you haven’t set up the Move app on your Meta Quest or Meta Quest 2 yet, you can find it in your headset’s app panel. Access your apps by selecting them from your menu bar. First, you’ll go through a short onboarding process to define your Move goals.
Once you’ve set up the Move app, you can choose to sync your Move stats to your phone by following these instructions:
- First, choose to sync your VR data with your Oculus mobile app.
- In the Move in VR app, tap Settings in the lower right corner.
- Scroll down to Connect Move to Oculus Mobile App and toggle the switch on.
- Your Move stats, including information like Move minutes, calories burned, and goals, will be encrypted and stored on our servers so you can track your fitness progress from the Oculus mobile app.
- You can disconnect your Move stats from the Oculus mobile app at any time by going to your Move settings while in the headset.
- Then, after your VR workout, open the Oculus mobile app on your phone.
- Click the Move tile in the Explore tab
- You’ll see the Move dashboard, which will show your stats for the day. You can also filter by app or see your monthly calendar view.
How to sync with Apple Health
For iOS users, you’ll also have the option to sync your stats with Apple Health so all of your activity, both in and out of VR, is available in one place. Syncing with Apple Health will automatically track your VR workouts on your iPhone or Apple Watch without having to manually enter your exercise information.
We’re rolling out these new features gradually, so if you don’t see them today, don’t worry, they’re on the way.
- To connect your Move stats to Apple Health:
- Connect Move to the Oculus mobile app following the instructions above.
- Tap the Connected Apps tab at the top.
- Tap the toggle next to Apple Health to turn sync on. If prompted, provide permissions for Active Energy and Workouts.
When you sign in to Apple Health, information about your Meta Quest workouts, including apps used, approximate calories burned, and headphones you’re using, will be shared with Apple Health. This will allow you to track your Move activity with Apple Health. You can change your Apple Health permissions by going to your iPhone Settings > Health > Data & Device Access > Oculus. You can always sign out of Apple Health in the Oculus mobile app. This will prevent the new Move activity from updating in Apple Health, but your previous Move activity will still appear.
And if you have an Apple Watch, you can find your Move stats on the Mobile Fitness and Watch app, listed under Fitness Gaming.
For more information, visit the Move support page.
Ready to sweat in VR? Meta Quest has you covered with lots of optionsno matter your mood or fitness level.