Wednesday May 11
1) There is a virtual Via Ferrata scoping meeting on Wednesday hosted by the US Forest Service and the Telluride Mountain Club at 5:30 p.m. Visit tinyurl.com/5n73493 to attend.
2) A SMART community meeting is held Wednesday at Mountain Village Council Chambers (455 Mountain Village Blvd., Suite A) at 1:30 p.m.
3) Bright Futures is offering a Parenting Workshop including a Q&A with a healthcare professional on Wednesdays at the Wilkinson Public Library from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Dinner and babysitting will be provided.
Thursday May 12
1) Tie One On: A free fly tying class with instructor Ryan Hoglund is tonight at the Wilkinson Public Library from 5-7 p.m.
2) A little night music: Bruce Hayes is in concert under the stars tonight at Ridgway’s Courtyard at 610. Seating is at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. Visit sherbino.org to learn more.
3) Tellluride’s Mountainfilm Festival is back in person for 2022, and the schedule has been announced. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit mountainfilm.org.
Friday May 13
1) Telluride Mountain School students Ruby McHarg and Sebastian Ogle are exhibiting their work at Telluride Arts HQ Gallery this month. The opening reception is today from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
2) The Wilkinson Public Library is hosting a summer job fair for teens today from 4-5:40 p.m. Visit truenorthyouthprogram.org for more information.
3) Nu Bass Theory is performing tonight at 610 Courtyard in Ridgway, with seating at 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. (buy tickets at sherbino.org).
Saturday May 14
1) Bright Futures and the San Miguel Resource Center are presenting free symposia today at the Wilkinson Public Library on topics ranging from understanding feelings and healthy relationships to diversity and identity. Parents of children in grades 3 through 6 can attend from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m., and parents of middle and high school students can attend from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. RSVP to email@example.com.
2) The Singing Bone Medicine Show — a traveling puppet show — takes the stage at Wilkinson today at 3 p.m. Free entry.
3) Musicians Coral Skye and Anthony Mainiero perform tonight at Ridgway’s 610 Courtyard, at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. Learn more at sherbino.org.
Sunday May 15
1) Weehawken Dance presents a matinee performance of its springtime musical, “Cinderella,” at Montrose Pavilion today at 1 p.m. Visit weehawkenarts.org to purchase tickets.
2) “The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent” is this week’s movie at the Nugget Theater. It shows at 7 p.m. until Thursday.
3) Open auditions for the Telluride Theater’s Shakespeare in the Park production of “All’s Well That Ends Well” will be held May 23 and 24 from 5-8 p.m. Show dates are July 22-31 (rehearsals are in the evening). Email Sasha@telluridetheatre.org for more information.
Monday May 16
1) Play chess while eating Chessman shortbread cookies, both synchronous and delicious! Chess and Cookies is in the Wilkinson Public Library Magazine Room from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
2) A Citizen Climate Lobby meeting will be held today at the Montrose Public Library at 5:30 p.m.
3) Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer and James Crews read “The Path to Kindness: Poems of Connection and Joy” Monday at the Sherbino Theater. Learn more at sherbino.org.
tuesday may 17
1) Practice your Spanish with native speakers on Tuesday on the La Cocina de Luz patio at 5:30 p.m. (Wilkinson Public Library will buy the appetizers).
2) Mindfulness for Challenging Times, a yoga session with Gretchen Williams, is Tuesday at Wilkinson from 6-8 p.m. The subject is “personal boundaries”.
3) Author Craig Childs presents “Tracing Time: Seasons of Rock Art on the Colorado Plateau” Wednesday night at the Sherbino Theater. Reading begins at 7:30 p.m. Visit sherbino.org to learn more.