1 / 3
Routine, a painting by Kristi Grussendorf, will be featured in the art exhibition Women: The Creative Edge at the Eccles Art Center during the First Friday Art Stroll in Ogden.
2 / 3
“Kolob Canyon” by artist Keith Dabb will be presented at Gallery 25 during the First Friday Art Walk.
3 / 3
Ninth Muse Academy students pose with their artwork for the Sunflowers for Ukraine exhibition and fundraiser during Open Studio night at the Monarch.
Friday night is not to be missed this week – Ogden will be abuzz with new art exhibits, live music and special events throughout the town center and the Nine Rails Creative District. New music pop-ups start this month with DJ Bryson Dearden spinning funk, soul and house music from 6-8 p.m. outside The Corner boutique, the little white kiosk on the corner of 25th Street and Washington Boulevard . Ogden’s First Friday Arts Walk, organized monthly by Ogden City Arts, supports arts organizations and independent artists to promote access to the arts for the entire Ogden community. Get out and enjoy Ogden’s thriving art scene at all the hotspots (listed below).
For more event details, pick up your card at The Corner and follow these social media for details: IG @Ogden_Arts / The_Corner_Ogden; FB @OgdenCityArts / TheCorner / OgdensFirstFridayArtStroll.
TO SEE DURING YOUR MAY WALK
- Alaskan Gold Connection, 167 Historic 25th St.: Jim Stettler Photography
- Art Box, 455 25th St.: featured artist Sunny Bybee
- Brookey Bakes, 290 Historic 25th St.: artist Chris Barragan
- The Bonneville, 221 25th St.: Art Exhibit with SLC Artist Megan Green
- Cara Koolmees Gallery, 256 Historic 25th St.: Check out Koolmees’ images of green and rebirth after our cold winter. Prints available.
- Eccles Art Center, 2580 Jefferson Ave. : “Women: the Creative Edge” 3rd Annual Art Competition Exhibition
- Emsoure Gallery, 2246 B Washington Blvd. : with abstract artist Naomi Anson
- Gallery 25, 268 Historic 25th St.: Utah artist Keith Dabb and musician John Burrows jam session outside
- Ogden Contemporary Arts, 455 25th St.: “The Little Way” immersive art installation and Art Talk with Kansas City artist Rashawn Griffin (6-7 p.m.)
- Ogden Union Station, 2501 Wall Ave. : Community Art Show, the Youth Show, “Struggle for Growth” (Myra Powell Gallery) and “The Golden Spike Chinese Art Show” (Gallery at the Station)
- The Dumke Arts Plaza: exhibition presented by Chakaia Booker
- Open Studio Night at The Monarch, 455 25th St.: Sunflowers for Ukraine Art Exhibit, beer and seltzer bar, 40 creative studios, and more.
- Van Sessions at The Monarch, 455 25th St.: Free live music podcast open to the public with Mars Highway (7 p.m.) and Giants in the Oak Tree (8 p.m.)
- The Local Artisan Collective at The Junction, 2371 Kiesel Ave. : with Joseph Eilander of The Shark Shack, various classes and artist demonstrations
- Wasatch Roasting Company, 2346 Grant Ave. : featured artist McKenna Powell
Friday, 6-9 p.m., various downtown and Weber State University locations, free, ogdencity.com/770/First-Friday-Art-Stroll